GROWN LOCAL Pilot Program
Criteria for Participating Farmers & Ranchers
This campaign was launched in an effort to support agricultural efforts in the County of Marin with a unified effort. As such, the label: GROWN LOCAL Marin County will only be issued to Farmers and Ranchers in Marin County who fit the following criteria:
- A minimum of 51% of product must be grown and/or raised on producer owned or leased land within Marin County.
- The producer’s business must be a Marin based business. A Marin County Business License is required. If the owner’s last name is their business name, a business license is not required, and a mailing address in Marin County will suffice in place of a Marin County business License.
- Certifiable products must be certified by the Marin County Department of Agriculture.
- Value added products must be produced from products grown or raised by the producer in Marin County.
- Value added products for sale must be produced in properly permitted/licensed facilities.